Saturday, May 16, 2015

Six Years Later.....


November 2009:  
It has been six years since my (daughter's children) three grandchildren came to live with us.  Where has the time gone...seems like it was just yesterday!  Life goes by so fast, try not to blink because you could miss out on some precious memories.

Time Changes Everything!
It was September 2011 when I went into Chemo Fever and had to be hospitalized for a week, that is when Zachary went to live with my son Ron and his wife Jill for about a year and then went on to live with his Dad, Dads girlfriend Courtney and their baby Jaxson....His mother Jennifer has joint custody so he goes back and forth between both places and is getting by....Desiree left us in August of 2013 and is quite happy and still doing great in school.  It is amazing how in a blink of an eye life has changed more than you could or ever would have thought.

 July 2011
In July of 2011 I found out quite by accident that I had a tumor in my right lung and if I did not get it taken care of I would be dead by the end of that year! 

The tumor turned out to be Small Cell Carcinoma (limited) to the right lung.  It can not be operated on because it is near too many blood vessels and will just show up somewhere else in the body.  I have had my three rounds of Chemo and my two rounds of Radiation.  I wait now for three months at a time and then go back to have a cat scan to make sure it has not spread.  It likes to hide in the body and well they just don't have the equipment today to actually find it but I know soon they will with the way technology is today it won't be long.

When I say I found out quite by accident I did....I went to the ER under the impression that I had "food poisoning!"  I h ad bought some almonds from "Sam's Club"  and I was eating then when all of a sudden I become deathly ill, stomach pains like you wouldn't believe, vomiting, it was terrible....well I don't go to the Dr.'s so I let it work it's way through me.  Well like an idiot I ate more the next day...and the same thing happened....Alright of to the ER I go....I am really sick....never felt like this before ever! 

I was in the ER for six hours, the one man came in and said, we think you have pneumonia so we are going to take a cat scan of your chest.  The stomach pains had gone away.  An hour later the man came in and said to me, you have a tumor in your lung and the size of it has collapsed your right upper lung by the airways.  You will need a biopsy done right away.  Needless to say I had to think about all of this...I told the man I was going home, I had three grandchildren circling the parking lot with my husband as the driver because it was 1'o'clock in the morning.  I had custody of all three of my grandchildren at this time.....


 I needed to go home and think this through.  Which of course I did but against the Doctors wishes. 

After lots of chemo and radiation and opting for the prophylactic cranial radiotherapy (PCR is usually given to people who have this type of lung cancer which is called small cell lung cancer SCLC).
I am now getting my scans done, after my chest scans read alright I am given chest and or (depends) abdominal or brain scans (if needed) every three months then every four on and so on.  Right now I am going every six months at this time. So far so good...Only God knows for it is His plan!

Desiree graduates from High School in June and will be going to College for Nursing, Zachary will be going into the ninth grade and lives with his Dad and visits often with his Mother, Ryan still lives with my husband and I and he will be finishing Kindergarten in June 2015. 

Desiree, Zachary & Ryan 2013

Desiree and her Fiance John 2015

Zachary 2015

Ryan 2015

No comments: