Sunday, March 31, 2019

It has been 41 yrs since you got your wings....




Stairway to Heaven

If tears could build a stairway
and memories a lane.
I'd walk right up to Heaven
and bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken
no time to say goodbye
you were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness
and secret tears still flow,
                                  what it meant to lose you
                                   no one will ever know.




I Said I Hurt

I said, "God, I hurt."
And God said, "I know."
I said, "I cry a lot."
And God said, "That's
why I gave you tears."
I said, "Life is so hard."
And God said, "That's
why I gave you loved ones."
I said, "But my loved one died."
And God said, "So did mine."
I said, "It's such a
great unbearable loss."
And God said, "I saw
mine nailed to the cross."
I said, "But your Son lives."
And God said, "So does yours."
I said, "Where are they now?"
And God said, "My Son is by
my side and your Angel
is in my arms."




No comments: