Sunday, December 23, 2018

Merry Christmas Eve....




“The Christmas Prayer of a Sailor.”

“Well, Lord, it is Christmas-time again,
and I am a long way from home.
I can’t make it back this year,
so that’s another Christmas gone.
I think that I’ll just lie down and rest
awhile, and think of Christmases past;
when love was abundant in the air,
Lord, why couldn’t all of that last.
You know; those crisp, chilly mornings,
but the sun was shining bright; and there
was a glow from every young child’s face
of a very special light.
The house, all filled with that Christmas
smell of fruits and cakes and evergreen;
and presents, all piled under the
Christmas tree; well Lord, you know what I mean.
Being close to those that you love the most--
to those you treasure dear.  To see their faces--
those happy faces--a laugh--a smile--a tear.
Well, Lord; this Christmas is all but past and gone,
and there is just one thing that I request:
take me back, back to my own home, so that
I won’t miss Christmas next year.
       -Amen-
Ken Hamilton is a Niagara Falls resident.
His columns run Fridays in the Gazette.
He welcomes feedback at:
KenHamilton930@aol.com.


Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play
My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too
Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go
Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time
I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love
Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love

Song by Faith Hill



                                                                                 

No comments: