Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Birthday to my daughter Jennifer!!



Today I Decide....
God, I thank you for this day.
I know I have not accomplished as yet all you expect of me, and if that is your reason for bathing me in the fresh dew of another dawn, I am most grateful.
I am prepared, at last, to make you proud of me so I decide to:

- Forget yesterday, with all its trials and tribulations, aggravations and setbacks, angers and frustrations. The past is already a dream from which I can neither retrieve a single word nor erase any foolish deeds.

- Resolve, however, that if I have injured anyone yesterday through my thoughtlessness, I will not let this day's sun set before I make amends, and nothing I do today will be of greater importance.
- Not fret the future. My success and happiness does not depend on straining to see what lurks dimly on the horizon but to do, this day, what lies clearly at hand.
- Treasure this day, for it is all I have. I know that its rushing hours cannot be accumulated or stored, like precious grain, for future use.
- Live as all good actors do when they are onstage - only in the moment. I cannot perform at my best today by regretting my precious act's mistakes or worrying about the scene to come.
- Embrace today's difficult tasks, take off my coat, and make dust in the world.
- Remember that the busier I am, the less harm I am apt to suffer, the tastier will be my food, the sweeter my sleep, and the better satisfied I will be with my place in the world.
- Free myself today from slavery to clock and calendar. Although I will plan this day in order to conserve my steps and energy, I will begin to measure my life in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not seasons; in feelings, not figures on a dial.
- Remain aware of how little it takes to make this a happy day. Never will I pursue happiness, because it is not a goal, just a by-product, and there is no happiness in having or in getting, only in giving.
- Run from no danger I might encounter today, because I am certain that nothing will happen to me that I am not equipped to handle with your help. Just as any gem is polished by friction, I am certain to become more valuable throughout this day's adversities, and if you close one door, you always open another for me.
- Live this day as if it were Christmas. I will be a giver of gifts and deliver to my enemies the gift of forgiveness; my opponents, tolerance; my friends, a smile; my children, a good example, and every gift will be wrapped with unconditional love.
- Waste not even a precious second today in anger or hate or jealousy or selfishness. I know that the seeds I sow will harvest, because every action, good or bad, is always followed by an equal reaction. I will plant only good seeds this day.
- Treat today as a priceless violin. One may draw harmony from it and another, discord, yet no one will blame the instrument. Life is the same, and if I play it correctly, it will give forth beauty, but if I play it ignorantly, it will produce ugliness.
- Condition myself to look on every problem I encounter today as no more than a pebble in my shoe. I remember the pain, so harsh I could hardly walk, and recall my surprise when I removed my shoe and found only a grain of sand.
- Work convinced that nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. To do anything today that is truly worth doing, I must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can.
- Face the world with goals set for this day, but they will be attainable ones, not the vague, impossible variety declared by those who make a career of failure. I realize that you always try me with a little, first, to see what I would do with a lot.



♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Dear Jenna ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Hope you are having the Best Day Ever!!!!!! ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*♪♫•*


No comments: