Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve


The Spirit Of Christmas

I have a list of people I know. All written in a book
And every year at Christmas time I go and take a look.

And that is when I realize that those names are a part
Not of the book they're written in but of my very heart.

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path some
time and in that meeting they've become a treasured friend of mine.

And once you've met some people the years can not erase
the memory of a pleasant word or that of a friendly face.

So when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you
it's because you're on that list of folk I'm indebted to.

And you are one of many folk who in times past I've met
and happen to be one of those I don't want to forget.

And whether I have known you for many years or a few,
in some way you have a part in shaping things I do.

This, the spirit of Christmas, that forever and ever endures
may it leave it richest blessing in the hearts of you and yours.

No comments: