Thursday, November 19, 2009

Staying Positive!

Psalm 62:8
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.

Photobucket


Isn’t it amazing to think that the God of all creation wants us to cry out to Him and bring our daily needs to Him? Yet He does! He wants us to trust Him and come to Him with our cares and concerns. He is a refuge for us. Oh if we could remember this truth throughout our day as we scurry about with all our busy tasks. It’s easy to rush around in our own strength and power trying to get everything accomplished while forgetting that our Loving Heavenly Father invites us to look to Him for patience, wisdom and help.

Jesus I am who you seek

I’m reminded of a little toddler who has just learned to buckle herself into her own car seat. Every time mommy tries to help, the toddler screams, “No! I can do it myself!” It can be exasperating as a parent to hear those words, but how often are we saying them to God? “I’ll do it myself!” Gently, lovingly our Gracious God is holding out His hand and saying, “Come to me. I will be your refuge and strength.”

Let’s melt into His arms and feel His loving embrace. No matter what we have done, His amazing grace beckons us to Him. The Bible says God loves us with an everlasting love. His love, unlike human love, is perfect and sweet, deep and abiding. So join me fellow moms, in pouring out our hearts before Him, knowing He loves us with a redeeming love.

A Moms Prayer
Dear Lord, praise you that you are a God of grace and mercy. You know all things and can do all things, and you care about me. Thank you for your amazing love and grace toward me through Jesus. I trust you. I pour out my heart to you. Help me in my home to graciously love my family as you graciously love. Forgive me, for I know I mess up. Thank you for your redeeming love. In Jesus name, Amen.

Further Reading: Romans 8

Article written by Karol Ladd,
Karol Ladd is a best-selling author of over 20 books and Christian communicator to women around the world. One of Karol’s greatest joys is to encourage and inspire moms to be a positive influence in their homes. She is a frequent guest on radio and television programs and serves on several ministry boards. Karol is best known for her Positive Power series including The Power of a Positive Mom which is translated into five different languages. Her most valued role is that of wife to Curt and mother to daughters Grace and Joy. Visit her website at www.PositiveMom.com

Photobucket

Linda

No comments: